Thursday, June 5, 2008

Blah.

Blah. It's how I felt about the colors of my old blog and my old website. B-L-A-H.


What was I thinking? Why did I think that taupe-y, green-y, beige-y colors were uplifting? Colorful? Kid-friendly?

I'm obviously an idiot.

So now that my huge work project is over (London trip), I have time to commit to my website, my blog, my pictures, and recruiting me some business.

I called my lovely friend Brooke (old college roommate...graphic designer extraordinaire) and told her I needed a new color scheme (with a new banner). Then I went out...found my color scheme...and sent her the info. 2 days later she sends me this.


GORGEOUS.

She did my business cards...she did my banner (since my last one I created S-U-C-K-E-D)...and she doesn't know it yet but she's going to do some postcards for me too. And maybe anything else I think I might need.

She claims I'm her easiest client. I'm happy with anything she does for me. Mostly because all the work I do is so awful...that smelly poo smeared on a banner is better than the one I created myself.


I'm getting some good orders placed with my previous clients...selling some AWESOME canvas prints that are TO! DIE! FOR! (I apologize now for my use of all caps, ----'s, and !!!!!!'s.) and getting some senior photos lined up for this summer.

Oh, and I also promise to blog more. Yes, I know that is what I always say, but I really mean it this time.


So in honor of my new color-scheme...I'm going to post some of my favorite photos from my previous sessions. They make it so easy...being adorable and all!!!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, my goodness Julie... love the look of the new blog and I love the new pics~ If you didn't live 5 states away from me, I'd hire you in a heartbeat to photograph my guy!

Would love to pick your brain one of these days... you know, ask general photography questions and tips, what's in your camera bag, and how you got started professionally, etc. Maybe I'll shoot you an email one of these days :-)

Glad you're back... and glad you didn't dislocate that arm. hehehehe

 
Site Meter