Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Good Weather....Good Photos!

Well, the weather has finally cleared up some from our nasty bout of severe weather. All I can say is Thank The Lord! I'm tired of all this rain.

What comes with good weather?

Good photography conditions!!!!!

I've been brainstorming on ways to advertise my business more and more. I've got it on the classifieds here at my work, I've got it on Craigslist, I've got it on IndyMoms.com. Where else should I advertise????

My portfolio lacked some babies and pregnant ladies. So I ran an ad on IndyMoms.com for some newborns and pregnant moms out there. I've had some luck...and have added those photos onto my website. My neighbor is due any day...but not real comfortable with taking maternity photos. I've advised her that I'm stealing her newborn for an hour or two when she gets home to take photos of. I just know she'll be beautiful! I've also got a maternity session lined up this week so hopefully I'll have photos to post later on.

I'm going to a playdate on Wednesday to meet some west-side moms and kids....and bringing my camera. Who knows if I'll run into the Cutest! Kid! Ever! while I'm there (besides my own). Plus, this is a great way to spread the word. An added bonus is that G will wear himself out and sleep soundly that night...and hopefully meet some new friends.

So back to my baby shots. I took them on Saturday...and photographed a 7-week old little girl...and a 4-month old little boy. Let me just say that they were ADORABLE!

The 7-week old ideally should have been a few weeks older...or a few weeks younger. Not an ideal age...but my word she was gorgeous. Can you tell her name started with an R???


And the 4-month old little boy was happy as could be. He literally smiled the entire time his big ol' toothless grin. Made me really miss my G-Man when he was that age. Also, while editing the photos...I have found that the colored photos are really the way to go for these little guys. Black and white I have found rarely look that great with the little ones (some exceptions do apply). I think it has to do with their innocence and perfect, soft, pink skin.


I've got a 1-year old girl on Friday night...and my friend (the graphic designer who I have been working to death) and I are getting together on Saturday so I can photograph her kids. Let me just say that they are gorgeous so I know they'll turn out great.

So, share some ideas on how to promote my business (kinda cheaply) and spread the word for me!

No comments:

 
Site Meter