Monday, February 2, 2009

13.5 Weeks

Well, I'm in the 2nd trimester now and as you can see from my photo below, I definitely look like I'm in my 2nd trimester.


What's a little startling...is that it took me a while to look this pregnant with G-Man. I mean...FAR LONGER THAN 13.5 weeks. Kinda makes me worried what I'm going to look like at 40 weeks (although I didn't make it that far with G).

I heard the heartbeat last Friday and it was nice and strong. That's always a relief to hear actual proof that there is a child in there. I mean, until then...it's always a little surreal. But when you hear the actual heartbeat of your child growing in you, it's an emotional thing. Even more so when I have a little boy at home whose little heart races after he runs around the house yelling "CHASE ME!" and I'm trying to explain to him why it probably isn't a good idea for Mommy to go running after him.

My next appointment is March 4th. It's my 18-week check-up and ultrasound screening. I can't wait to bring the DVD home (we get to tape the ultrasound) and show G-Man his sister, Bees.

[No...we don't know it's a girl. But G-Man is CONVINCED it's a girl. And I don't believe we're naming our child Bees...even though that is what G has named HER. Don't ask me where he got the name, but the day he found out about the baby, he named HER BEES. So now we're either stuck with the name Beatrice...or Beasley...and calling her/him Bees.]

It was MUCH easier first time around when picking G's name. We didn't have a 4-year old to chime in with his vote.

2 comments:

Kate Ambrose said...

You look beautiful!

Melissa said...

Yes, I agree with the comment above. You look absolutely beautiful!!! Are you starting to feel better yet?

You could name her Melissa... which actually means 'honey bee'... That way, Bees could still work. :-)

Just thought I'd throw it out there. Hehehehehe.

 
Site Meter