Wednesday, July 9, 2008

#30....Check!

#30. Buy a cool Macro lens.

Check!

Yay! It's my first 101 in 1001!!!! And really...I bought the lens before I posted my 101 in 1001...but it was already on the "work-in-progress" list, so this counts.

Do you know how hard it is to think of 101 things to do in 1001 days?

It's hard!

But anyway...I bought the macro lens. And I love it. Especially for babies! You get the cool close-up shots that focus on the little tiny lips, ears, feet, belly buttons....all those cute baby things. Can't really use it on bigger kids (unless they're really good at holding still) since it works better on manual focusing than the auto focus.

So it's perfect for still babies.

Just like this little girl....my first subject with my macro lens. I used it solely during the shoot...and I loved each and every shot.

Here's some examples. I wanted to take photos of my new macro lens....macro-lens-style....but couldn't do it with the lens attached to my camera. So it's not the effect I wanted. :(


Yay! Now I'm excited to photograph my neighbor's kids this weekend. 3 girls (5, 3 and 1 week)! How cool is that! I feel sorry for them when it comes time for boys, proms and weddings!!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yahoo!!! 1 down 1000 to go. :-) I absolutely, totally, completely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my macro lens. It's my favorite lens, hands down.

Can't wait to see what other pics you take with your new treasure. :-)

Rumple Family said...

Beautiful photos - I especially like the black & white of the face. Beautiful!

 
Site Meter