Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Vacation Places

Because I'm in desperate need of a vacation....I'm going to list 13 places I've been to on vacation (and silently...ok LOUDLY) complain that I want to go back. It's my Thursday Thirteen!

In a little bit of an order....recent trips to long ago trips...but maybe not. I'm kinda confused and probably missing huge trips in there...but oh well.

  1. London. Yes...went to London in May (and a pre-trip in February) and have still yet to blog about it. Maybe I will. I do have proof and lots of pictures.... Ok...it's on my list to blog about. Stay tuned. But London was fantastic in May. Great weather (which says a lot) and a TON of stuff to see (which my husband drug me to nearly everything). I worked all week at the conference...and then we had a long weekend to play around...so I think I'm postponing the blog about the trip because it will make me tired just thinking about it.
  2. Cruise to the Caribbean (3rd cruise). Travis and I went on a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise for our 5th anniversary in mid-October, 2007. You can read a little bit about it here... here...here... can't forget here....and here. God...I love cruises. See our flickr album from our trip here.
  3. Florida. In October of 2006, Travis, myself, G-Man and my mom went down to Florida. We hit Sea World for a day and had a fantabulous time. Then we hit the beach for a couple of days. Remember this? G-Man loved the beach. I'm think we're taking him back to Florida this fall...it's been 2 years and we're feeling guilty.
  4. Madrid, Spain. I went to Spain for work in May of 2006. Yes...my job is rough. I'm sorry. But I truly did work 80% of the time...and only got to do a few things....by myself and my co-workers. Whoot Whoot! It's not the same going to these fantastic places with none of your friends/families. So don't be mad at me. Me standing on the Toledo bridge.
  5. Hawaii. Travis and I went to Hawaii (Maui) in February of 2006 for a friend's wedding. It was awesome...but it was our first trip without G-Man. We were gone 8 days (I think) and I was still nursing...so that made it a little crazy (trying to pump, whale watch, get a tan, and take the road to Hana (yes...it was rainy and nasty that day...but the road wasn't crowded so that was cool!)...all at the same time). We came back home 4 days before his 1st birthday!!! CRAZY! It was great...and we definitely want to go back. Whale watching was AWESOME!
  6. Michigan (Lansing, Ann Arbor, Grand Haven, etc.). Travis went to law school in Michigan (Lansing) so we've been there lots of times and all over. We especially like Ann Arbor and the shops/beaches/lake. This was where G-Man got to touch sand for the first time! Granted...he was 4 months old...but still. :) He liked it.
  7. Cork/Kinsale, Ireland. I went on my first OUS trip to Europe for work in May of 2004. I was scared to death...having never flown to Europe...but it made it worthwhile since I got to fly on the CORPORATE JET! Yes...you can hate me now. And let me tell you....it's hard to fly commercial when you've flown on a private jet. I had a great time...and was thrilled to visit Ireland (a place I had always wanted to go). But again...no friends/family to share it with...so blah.
  8. Cruise to the Caribbean (our 2nd cruise) in Spring of 2004. We went on a Western Caribbean cruise with another couple and had a FANTASTIC time. We got to swim with the stingrays...and Travis almost had a heart attack. And I couldn't help him because I didn't want our camera to get wet. I mean come on, people....it's my CAMERA....with my vacation pictures! Serves him right for not wearing a life-vest.
  9. Cruise to the Caribbean (our 1st cruise & our honeymoon!) in October of 2002. Can you tell we like cruises? Let me tell you, people...they are the BEST EVER! With it being our honeymoon....it's safe to say we had a good time. ;)
  10. California (LA & Hollywood). Travis has been to LA a bunch of times...and he loves it there. So, before we were engaged/married...we went on a little trip to LA to see the sights and have a grand time. We did...and I have no electronic pictures from the trip. This was pre-digital camera time and I'm not searching for and scanning pictures. But to wrap it up...we had a good time and want to go back. If only we could plan it and not go on any more cruises!
  11. Baltimore, Maryland. Also known as THE TRIP FROM HELL. We went with some friends and headed there for only a short weekend. Well, it started off bad when our friend told us it wouldn't take long to get there. Well, DOUBLE the hours he stated and that's when we arrived to the hotel to find out they've given our room away. Now, can you blame them when we arrived at 5:00 a.m.?!?!?! Yeah...see...I told you were were late and our friend had botched the whole thing up. This was before mapquest and us knowingly went along with someone else's plan. We don't do that anymore. The trip just went downhill from there.
  12. Chicago. We've been there lots...and we love it to pieces. It's so close (~3 hours away) and so many things to do (SHOP!, EAT, SHOP!, EAT). So Chicago fits in this list a lot of times in a lot of different ways...but you get my drift.
  13. So 1-12 are my work trips and trips to Florida...but I'll go ahead and list a few of them to round up my 13 trips...and these don't include Travis. These are also in no particular order...just whenever they come to my scattled brain. Texas (visiting my sister when she lived there), Myrtle Beach (trip with my mom and sister when my sis was pregnant and it was all pre-kids. Was really fun until I dehydrated myself and then almost OD'd on Tylenol PM. God....I warn you all....don't do that. But hey! I was desperate for Tylenol and that's all she had. So I took 3. And paid for it later.), Gatlinburg (shopping trip with mom, myself and G-Man when he was 6 months old), lots of trips to Florida when I was little, Washington D.C. on my 8th grade trip, Cancun, Mexico on my senior Spring Break trip, and as typing this I can see that I'm pretty boring and haven't seen a ton of things. At least within the US Or at least a lot of the same things. But just remember we saw lots of places on our 3 cruises....cruising through the Caribbean. So that makes it better. Oh...and my free trips to Europe.

So, that's it. Now I REALLY want to go on vacation. Florida and maybe Disney World are in our near future....along with Chicago and Michigan. Again, same old-same old.

Any suggestions on where I should visit and see? My 101 in 1001 list contains a few places I want to go...so let's hope I make it to them!

You guys going anywhere good for vacation? Want to make me jealous? Leave me a comment!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

London?!?! Ireland?!?! Caribbean?!?! Hawaii?!?! Corporate JET?!?!

Um, I'm officially green with envy.

Can I hide in your luggage for the next trip? :-)

 
Site Meter