Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dude. I need to get a life.

Dear Internets:

I would love to be writing wonderful blogs about me, my life, my son G-Man, new photos I've taken recently (I had a KICK-A$$ photo shoot this weekend...consisting of a family shoot and a senior shoot all at the same time), and all the other going-ons in my life.

However, I can't do that.

Why, you ask?

BECAUSE I AM SHOVED UP NBC'S BUTT ON TV AND THE INTERNET ALL THE DAMN DAY WATCHING THE FREAKIN' OLYMPICS!

Hi, my name is Julie and I'm addicted to the Olympics. Specifically Michael Phelps. Lord help me that man is handsome and buff and SWEET AS PIE and loves his mother to death. Did I mention he's hot?

I love Michael Phelps. And I stay up ENTIRELY too late in the evenings so I can watch him swim LIVE and receive his gold medals.

Oh, and gymnastics. I love women's gymnastics. Brings me back to the time when I took gymnastic lessons and pranced around in my leotard and curly pigtails.

And diving. SO COOL to actually know an Olympic Diver. You all know Thomas Finchum? Well, I work with his mother and she's a good friend. We have followed his career this entire time (last Olympics he got cheated out at age 14 to attend) and he's the sweetest guy out there. So it's pretty cool to see him on tv...and everyone talking about him. Unfortunately he placed 5th in the synchro 10m diver with his diving partner David the other day. Stay tuned for the individual 10m diving competition next week.

So, it's basically Swimming, Gymnastics and Diving at my house. With a little synchronized swimming (it's coming!), women's beach volleyball (I wish I had those ladies' bodies!) and more Michael Phelps diving and interviews.

I have a serious problem.

So, until the Olympics is over...it will be sporadic with my postings. Unless you all want to hear about how hot Michael Phelps is and how I was SCARED TO DEATH HE WOULD NOT WIN GOLD during the 200m fly race due to WATER IN HIS GOGGLES! I knew something was wrong...I just thought he was tired...but oh my word I was worried.

I hope to post again sometime soon...and hopefully I'll finish editing my images from Saturday and you'll get to see those (because they turned out AWESOME!)...but don't hold me to it. Lots more swimming to get done!

And did anyone else see that Visa commercial after Phelps became the most decorated Olympic of all time? Oh my word...the tears were a falling. Way to be on the ball, Visa.

2 comments:

Alan said...

The old Olympics were so much better. The Free World vs. Communism. You couldn't beat that for intensity. Somehow the new games just lack that rivalry.

When I was a lad, I had a massive crush on those East German women swimmers. Man, they were hot (and I was nuts!).

Glad to hear you are enjoying the games, despite the men's swimmers lame suits.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Totally into the Olympics and watching Michael Phelps too. He is amazing, although I don't find him even slightly attractive. His body is incredible though, I've never seen so much muscle on such a lean person before. Just incredible!

The pictures turned out really good. I really like the family one of them with their knees up, cute as pie! And Tina looks so grown up, I almost cried, great job!!

 
Site Meter