Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My son cracks me up.

I'm sorry...but I have to post a little funny conversation my husband had with G-Man the other morning.

The other night I raided G-Man's goody bag from a birthday party and was eating some shock tarts. I didn't figure he'd like them (super-duper sour)...and since I love them...I would eat them myself. Good logic, right?

This is the perk of having a child go to birthday parties with goody bags and a child who enjoys trick or treating.

We get to eat their candy behind their back.

So I ate a few shock tarts while watching the Olympics and left a few of them on the side table (I only eat the red, purple, blue and green ones). The next morning, G-Man is watching Spiderman (his new obsession...and it has taken over the TMNT obsession) and he apparently found them on the table.

****

Travis came into the living room after getting ready to see G-Man leaning over the side of the couch, with his arm behind a picture frame that sits on the table.

"Whatcha doin' buddy?"

G snatches his arm back to his side and says "I found sooooommmmme-ting" in his sing-songey voice. And it's 'ting'...not 'thing'.

"What did you find?"

"Caaaaaaaaaaaan-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" again said in his sing-songey voice.

"Where is it?"

He reaches back behind the frame, yanks it out and AGAIN in his sing-songey voice says, "Taaaa-Daaaaa!!!!!"

Travis can't help but laugh. "Did you eat some of the candies already?"

"Yeah" he says kinda quietly.

"Are there any left?"

"Yeah."

Travis, figuring he's eaten 2 already...might as well eat the third one says, "Do you want to eat the last candy?"

G-Man pops up, shouts "Yeah!!!!!!" and then proceeds to tell Travis, "THANK YOU DADDY!!!!" real excited-ly and like he can't believe his luck that he gets to eat MORE CANDY in the morning and DIDN'T GET IN TROUBLE!

****

This was all before Travis noticed G hadn't even touched his cereal at the table. Oh well. He made him eat it...and it taught me to hide my evidence of candy-stealing.

I need to do better next time.

4 comments:

Kate Ambrose said...

Haha! That's a cute story! :)

Melissa said...

What a funny story... and what kid wouldn't prefer candy over cereal? G-man is such a cutie.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Yeah, I do the whole eating the peanut's candy too. Hey, she's 2, what does she need the oodles of candy for right? Because clearly, a 33 year old pregnant woman does. LOL

Rachel said...

Hurry up and post your shoot, woman!!! ;)

Your son is too cute, btw!

 
Site Meter