Friday, August 29, 2008

Ok...this is gonna be a long one. Get ready.

The other day we were at my dad's house for dinner and my niece Megan was looking SUPER adorable. Her hair was still curled from church, she's all tan (with a few bug bites all over), wearing a cute white tank top and green shorts, and feeling spunky.


It was after dinner, before the boat ride, and the light was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

I sweet-talked her into a little mini photo shoot...and I have to say I THINK THESE ARE MY FAVORITE PHOTOS. EVER. And it's not even my kid. At least she's a relative. :)

So I sat her down on some deck steps leading down to a dock, and the light was hitting the back of her head just right. Her hair is so light and streaked with blonde and curled and PERFECT.

Can you tell everything was perfect and this is what a photographer DREAMS OF?

Sorry. I'll stop talking about THE LIGHT!

So starting out, when you say "smile", you get one of these.

Well, that's not really what I was going for. Cute....but not what I was wanting with THE. PERFECT. CONDITIONS.

So then it's telling her NOT to smile, and you get this.

After we warmed up a bit, she really got into it. Every time I hit the shutter, she did a different pose. Then we got to the silly faces.


So, here they are, in all their glory. I'm starting with my favorite. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Those are AWESOME!! I looooove them too! Are you working Monday?

Melissa said...

Ok... I totally agree. THESE ARE ABSOLUTLEY BEAUTIFUL. My favorites so far for sure.

Darling little girl... so cute.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Holy cow, those are so cute! She is a little doll!

 
Site Meter