Wednesday, September 10, 2008

#45....Check!

#45. Go Camping.

One more check off of my list of 101 in 1001. Boy...I have only 99 more to go! :)

August 22nd...a Friday. And the start of FAMILY CAMP!

My church from my hometown has "family camp" every year at a campground south of Bloomington, IN. This year we decided to go. And then I got a wild hair up my butt to offer to be the "photographer" of the camp.

So I promise I did go camping. I have 400+ photos of everyone else but me. So you'll have to take my word for it...and see the evidence that I have of G-Man being filthy.

And I do have 1 photo of me during that camping trip. But it is so horrible that I couldn't do that to you handful of readers. I mean really. I shared it with Mel from The Black Hole (Hi Mel!) and I still don't think I can get over my embarrassment. So no way in heck will I share it with the entire internet. My husband took it (of course) and I look like a big, fat, sweaty beast.

But anyway...camping was fun. Camping was hot. And my arm muscles hurt from lifting my camera 900 times to my face for the gazillion shots I took. And this was Friday, Saturday AND Sunday.

I had a fantastic time with all my church family and friends...and really enjoyed it all. G-Man enjoyed it some too...except 2 minutes after we got there Friday night...he wanted to go home. *grrrrr* And then he didn't want to participate in some of the kid games. So he colored and stuck close to my side. And sprayed people with water bottles (to cool them down). And then he would take a drink from a water bottle (or make Travis drink it) because who doesn't want to drink yucky water from a water bottle?!?!?!

Oh...except for the me sleeping with G-Man in a bunk bed (we had cabins) because he wouldn't stay asleep. AND my niece E wouldn't sleep quietly in her pack n play (we all shared a cabin). Then it was freakin' hot and no electricity, and I slowly roasted all night long (for 2 nights). And the bug bites with a can of bug spray ALREADY on me.

Yeah. Not a "happy camper"...but we did have a good time. ;) Next year I'm thinking of renting an RV.....

And I'm only showing the G-Man photos....as not sure my church family/friends want their images posted on my blog. :) So here's just a few out of a gazillion I took. Can you tell he's grumpy and hot in a few?!?!?!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Dear G-man,

Next year, tell your mama (and your papa) that you want to REALLY go camping... Like the tent, sleeping bag, eatin' charred hot dog and hobo dinner from the fire and squattin' in the bushes type campin'. Then, this is the most important part, tell your daddy to take a picture of your mommy on the last day, just as you're about to go home. :-)

Also, I love your Longhorns hat... my brother in law would be SO proud. WOOT!
--------------------------------


Oh, one more thing... J, totally exagerating about 'the photo'... of course, and like always, she is beautiful.. it's just that Travis just needs a little indstrucion on how to compose flattering angles...

And, besides... don't we ALL have a photo of ourselved that we'd like to send into the furthest depths of hell... I, myself, have about 10,000 of 'em . Maybe if we sent 'em all at once we could get a 'bulk' discount.?

Turtle Power!

 
Site Meter