Friday, September 26, 2008

And we're off!!!!!

***Thanks again to everyone who prayed for Savonna. She is doing so well in fact, that we were persuaded (by her and all our family) to continue on with our vacation...so we're going to. We're just glad it happened YESTERDAY....and not NEXT week. Travis would have literally had a heart attack if we were all the way in Florida and got the call about the donor. I'd be rushing him to the airport to catch a plane and G-Man and myself would be driving all the way home by our lonesome. Again, we're thanking God it happened this week instead of next. God truly has a plan for us all!***

Well, vacation time has finally arrived and G-Man is BUSTING with excitement about going to "Disney Worrrrd".

He seems to think we'll see SHARKS! at Disney Worrrd and if we don't see the shark that is advertised on our "Disney Dream DVD" thingey they mailed to us...then we are in deep SH%T.

Not to mention we will all be 25 pounds heavier when we return. Including G-Man.

Went to Wal-Mart earlier this week and spent $250 freaking dollars on JUNK FOOD and things to amuse G on a 15+ hour trip to Florida.

I left them all in the bags and put them in our butler's pantry (mainly so we wouldn't eat them before vacation) and to get them out of my way. Well, he saw them and FREAKED OUT with excitement over the individual bags of CHEESE-ITS!, GOLDFISH!, DING DONGS!, CANDY!, DONUTS!, GRANOLA BARS!, and the numerous types of candy for each of us (Mike & Ike's for Travis, Sour Patch Kids for Me, and M&M's for G).

He then proceeded to bring each box of food to me (during one of our dinners) and show ME what HE found.

I think we'll be out of food by the time we hit Georgia.

Now all we need to do is not run out of gas on the way down there...since there's a shortage of gas in the south.

I obviously won't be blogging while I'm gone (unless Travis lets me "blog" on his new iPhone I finally let him buy). I however will try and "twitter" while I'm away from my ancient and so-not-cool cell phone. So you could probably find out some of my "adventures" while vacationing in Florida.

Here's our itinerary. Pray for no hurricanes!

Friday: Leave - drive straight through (yes...we are crazy)
Saturday: Arrive and possibly go to Gatorland.
Sunday: Magic Kingdom (I'm SO excited!!!!!)
Monday: Animal Kingdom
Tuesday: Drive to Ft. Myers where we've rented a condo RIGHT ON THE OCEAN!!!!
Wednesday: DO NOTHING BUT LAY AROUND AND SLEEP. SOAK UP SUN!
Thursday: Same as Wednesday. But possibly spend enormous amounts of $$ shopping! I love malls & outlets!
Friday: Same as Thursday...except leave Friday night to drive STRAIGHT THROUGH home.
Saturday: Arrive home extremely exhausted.
Sunday: Do Laundry. And edit 1500 photos from our trip.

Be prepared for the week we return...to be inundated with VACATION PICTURES! I'm ready....ARE YOU?!?!?!

3 comments:

Kate Ambrose said...

Have an awesome vacation, and we'll see you guys when you get back!

Also, I remember growing up the only time we got junk food was for car trips. To this day I still love car trips... and junk food! :)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I'm so glad you guys made it down there and hope you are having a blast this week...enjoy Mickey!!

Mostly I'm happy for Savonnah, I hope her body heals well and the anti-rejection drugs do their thing quickly!! I know it's crazy, but in her case, yeah for urine!!

Anonymous said...

You could not have asked for better florida weather! Sounds like you had a great vacation lined up. I just came across your photography site, very nice!

 
Site Meter