Thursday, September 18, 2008

Who dislocates a rib?

Me, apparently.

I've been having some pain in my neck/shoulder area recently. It's stayed the same for about 2 months, and then about a week ago it started going further down my back, shoulder blades, neck and shoulder/arm area.

So Tuesday I made an appointment with my wonderful chiropractor to see what the heck was up, since I was extremely uncomfortable and in pretty good pain.

Come to find out I have a dislocated rib (high on my back, under my shoulder blade). After about 10 minutes of manipulation, rubbing, massaging and bringing me to tears, he thought to have it back in place. I could literally feel the rib moving and popping as he ran his hand over it. I could obviously feel it was "out of place".

As you can imagine, I was in terrible pain when I left from him manipulating a really sore spot for 10 minutes...REALLY HARD.

I went home, iced it and was low-key. Went to bed and woke up with an extremely sore left-side of my body. So, I stayed home from work and did nothing but munch on food (not good for the diet) and watch Gossip Girl. By the end of the day, the back/shoulder/neck area was feeling pretty good!

So, back to work on Thursday. However on the drive in to work, my shoulder started irritating me again. Not sure if it's how I was driving, sitting, doing whatever, but somehow it is irritated.

And work on Thursday has been HE double hockey sticks. It hurts to sit, it hurts to type, it hurts to turn my head. Basically all the things that drove me to the chiropractor's office on Tuesday. Except it's WORSE!

So, I called the lovely chiropractor (who is wonderful and has saved me from severe back pain in the year I've gone to him) and I have an appointment there at 3:30 today.

I'm bringing my Kleenex.

I just know what he's going to do. I know how much it's going to hurt. And I'm dreading it. But I have to do something. It's not going away...and I have 8 days to get miraculously better.

We DRIVE to Florida next Friday. In the SUV (Honda Pilot). With a 3 year old. I'm stocking up on the dvd's, coloring books, snacks and toys to distract him during the long drive. We're leaving in the evening, and driving straight through. So hopefully he'll sleep most of the way there. I just keep telling myself that this is how I vacationed as a kid...with only my sister to keep be company and to pester.

Surely all the modern-day conveniences make this road trip bearable?!?!?! I'll be sure to let you know.

So now you know why I need to be miraculously recovered by Friday. The long drive (to and back home), the 2 days at "Disney Worrrd", and the 4 days at the beach relaxing.

Wish me luck. At the chiropractor's office AND on the road. I think I'm going to need it.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ahhh! I'm so sorry to hear about your rib. I pray you get better quickly!

Your G-man was a big baby when he was born! : )

 
Site Meter