Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What's a girl to do....

when you want to promote your fall special...and need some good pictures to advertise?!?!?!

Well, if you're me, you drag your son out on a photo shoot with promises and bribery of a new Power Ranger toy and M&M's.

A toy and M&M's is a small price for a handsome model. And luckily I have my own model to torture.

I picked him up from daycare the other day and told him we were "going home to take pictures!!!!!" He loves "looking through the hole" (aka looking through the camera viewing area) and then clicking pictures away. With a digital camera...why not? So he thought we were going home and he was going to get to take pictures.

WRONG.

It started going downhill when I got him home and told him to come here so we could change his clothes. Well, he was wearing his favorite Spiderman shirt and it wasn't coming off. He started whining.

"Do you want a new Power Ranger toy from Wal-Mart?!?!?!"

He started stripping his shirt off.

(Mother's are so smart)

So he's pumped and now thinks we're changing our clothes and going to Wal-Mart for a new Power Rangers toy. He's forgotten all about the "photo shoot" part.

So he's changed, and we head out back. Start snapping some away and he's happy. It's early yet. He's still asking for Wal-Mart every 20 seconds.



Finally it's time and I tell him to get in the car. He's thinks we're heading to Wal-Mart. We make a stop along the way at some tall grasses. I get him out and he's mad that we're not at Wal-Mart and getting his new toy.



"But honey...we have to take your picture first!"

"NOOOOOOOOO"

"Do you want a new Power Ranger toy?!?!?"

"YES!"

"Then we have to take your picture out here in the pretty grass! Look, I see a TIGER in the grass!!!! We better crouch down and hide!!!!"


So we hide from the tigers and I'm clicking away and he's mad he's traipsing through the tall grass and he's begging for Wal-Mart.

"Honey, if you're a good boy...we'll go to the corn fields and take more pictures and THEN we'll go to Wal-Mart."

"But I want to go to Wal-Mart now and get my toy."

"If you let mommy take your pictures here and at the corn fields....I'll buy you some M&M's too!!!!!"

"O-KKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"

So, we head over to the corn fields and snap away and he's doing well and I'm talking about his new BLUE Power Ranger toy (all the while praying to God the blue toy is in stock or I'm SCREWED!)



After a very short time, he's had it. I know it...and I promised. So, I herd him to the car with the promise of going to Wal-Mart. But on the way to the car...there's the road with the orange line. I make him walk it and he's ever so p-o'd at me.


All in all, we made it to Wal-Mart. We got the BLUE Power Ranger toy...and we got M&M's. Not bad for a model's pay.

But I would rather ANY DAY OF THE WEEK take pictures of other people's kids. THEY listen to me. G-Man does not. I just kept thinking...remember all the times I tuned my mother out...especially when she was wielding a camera?!?!?!

Yes. My son has that mastered. P.S. Can you tell the photos of him whining...and then after me telling him about his toys & M&M's. Yeah. Kinda obvious. :)

1 comment:

Rumple Family said...

Resorting to making your kid play in the street. J/K - the pictures turned out great!

 
Site Meter