Friday, April 18, 2008

Gettin' it on at the zoo...

So today was an absolutely gorgeous spring day (75+ degree weather) and I took a vacation day from work and took G-Man to the Indy Zoo.

We got up early, went to the "Bread Place" (aka Panera Bread) for some Cinnamon Crunch bagels and made it to the zoo at 9:00 a.m.

This was all of course after we survived an earthquake early this morning.

All was well, he did fantastic (all except for the lame dolphin "show") and we had a great time. The dude taking $$ for parking the cars didn't know how to work his credit card machine, so I got to park for free (YAY) and we munched enough on pretzels and popsicles that we didn't have to pay for a full lunch. Not too shabby.

I of course took my lovely camera and took a gazillion photos. Lots of G-Man, lots of elephants, and zero of the sharks since I had to physically restrain G from falling into the shark tank (where you can pet the little sharks). He was thrilled that he got to touch 10 sharks. Last trip to the zoo he was too scared...so this is progress!

And of course the highlight of the day was watching giraffes have sex.

Yes, you heard me. The giraffes had sex. Right in front of me. Well, me and about 10 other moms who were there with their kid's field trip. It was a slow day so not too many kids around, and somehow at this precise moment, there was nobody watching the X-rated show except for us.

We of course all had our cameras out and were documenting the entire thing. We were all giggling like school girls and laughing and snapping away. It's like a car wreck...you just had to look. If anyone is interested in seeing the x-rated photos of Mr. Giraffe and his "red rocket", go here, here and here.

Who knew?!?!?!

I also captured another new-favorite photo of G-Man. I'm really liking the light-colored photos I'm doing in Photoshop. Somehow I like the style and like how it looks when I'm done. Very fresh and he just looks so angelic!!!!!


What do you think? Too washed out? Don't like it? Please advise.

Also, word is getting out about my photography and I've got 4 jobs lined up here in the next few weeks. I'm really excited to take photos of things besides my kid, my nieces, and my other family members. I'm ready to 'liven things up'.

I of course will keep you all up-to-date on my photo-taking process.

I'm having so much fun!!!!! Oh, and if you're interested in seeing all the other photos of our zoo trip, click here for the set.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

He he he... I can just imagine how the conversation went down...

"Mommy, what's that daddy giraffe doing to the mommy giraffe?"

"Well honey, that's called mating or sex..."

I really like the photo of G-man (and all the photo's in the zoo set). I totally agree with you... he looks so innocent and definitely angelic.

Congrats on the jobs you've got lined up. Can't wait to see the pics from the photo shoots. :-)

 
Site Meter