Friday, April 25, 2008

Mr. Safety

So, this week my entire house has been a wreck since we (and I'm using the term "we" very loosely here) have been building built-in cabinets/shelves in our living room for our TV and "junk".

We have wonderful recessed areas on either side of our fireplace...and before this week we just had a TV stand in the area and used it like that.

Well, Travis (aka my lovely husband) has decided that he could BUILD! shelves and make it look fantastic.

We (again, I'm using this term loosely) started on Sunday morning and by Sunday evening we had a few boards up! Yay! I was skeptical at first...especially after hour 7 had passed and nothing resembled a shelf.

But, I stand corrected. After 5 days of working on it....we have 2 shelves completed and the area is set for our big-screen TV.

I am so proud. (Can you hear the sarcasm dripping from my words?!?!?!)

There is no TV downstairs. There is no electricity in our living room. There is no lovely space for me to curl up on the couch and watch TV.

Life is NOT the same for me.

And to go back to the term "we" I've been using. I HAVE helped. Really...I have. I have supplied Travis and our friend Heath (who has helped us tremendously and has kept Travis in a good mood) with yummy dinners, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies (yes...they were the break and bake...but HEY!...not from a sack in the pantry!), sweet tea, and I did hold a couple of boards while he SAWED with a SAW! the other night.

My hearing is still trying to come back.

I am not a fan of saws....7 inches from my head.

Crazy, I know.

So we have sawdust everywhere, crap all over our house, tools in every direction, and we're having to park outside.

Yes! I am spoiled rotten...because parking outside is really bothering me. And yes I know it's not winter, so I should just shut up. But I haven't complained. Only to you.

Travis in his stocking this year (from my parents) got a pair of safety goggles. I mean, you never know when one might need safety goggles. Well, he scrounged them up the other day and they have come in handy while using the mighty power saw.

That is until G-Man found them and hasn't given them back to us yet.

Yesterday I finally busted out the grill (after nagging Travis to fill up the gas tank for at least a month) and grilled hamburgers. Can I just say how much I enjoy grilling? I do. I don't have to worry about messing up my kitchen when I grill (at least too much).

G-Man decided to come outside with me and take 3 (count them 3!) pirate ships that he has (and not little ones) with him to set up our Pirate! area.

I didn't really notice that he was carrying his goggles around, or that he really knew how to get them on his face. I ran inside to put the Crispy Crowns in the oven (YUMMO) and came back outside to see G-Man protecting his eyes from wayward, unknown items in the air.

Unfortunately, he pushed them up by the time I got back with my camera. I got some cute shots taken, played a little Pirate ship, and almost burnt the hamburgers.

Not good.

They turned out okay...and so did my picture.

2 comments:

Rumple Family said...

Somehow I think that those goggles look way cuter or G-Man than Travis :)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Cute picture of Grant!

I hope your shelves are done by now! All this rain and I would want my garage!

 
Site Meter