Saturday, April 12, 2008

News Flash...

I'm an idiot.

This is not some big news flash. It is what it is. And as I get older...the more of an idiot I am.

For example:

The other day I did a load of delicates, and forgot they were in the washer until 2 days later as I was getting ready for work. I got ready, and on my way out the door, I re-washed them. I was in such a hurry, I did my normal thing and just turned it on and ran out the door. 20 minutes into my drive (and about 3/4 way through the cycle), I remembered that I just set to wash my "delicates" on my normal setting of my washer.

Kinda defeated the purpose of washing them on "delicate" the first time around. Luckily, everything was fine with the clothes...but this is just an example of a ding-ey thing I've done lately.

Another example:

In February when I was in London for work (5 more weeks til I go back!), I toured Windsor Castle and some other cool places. Well, since G-Man is ADDICTED to swords of any nature, I found some cool knight-swords that make noise that I thought I'd bring back to him.

So I'm packing my bag, and my battery-operated swords will fit in my suitcase. However, any move I make, my luggage sounded like a sword fight was going on. So, I had a bright idea that I would just carry the gifts on board the plane with no problem.

Arrive to London Heathrow Airport (yikes...a HUGE-ass airport) and check my bags, and go through a maze of security, etc. Hmmmm...come to find out you CAN'T CARRY TOY WEAPONS ON BOARD AN AIRCRAFT.

DUH. What was I thinking?!?!?!? Seriously....I must not have been thinking very hard because HOW DUMB COULD I BE?

So, an hour later after going out of line, going to a store in the airport, and buying a stupid bag (all for a 14 pounds sword-set, which is really $28...damn the weak dollar) and re-checking my second bag, I finally got through security and to my gate out in no-mans-land with no pounds in my pocket and no place to buy a freakin' diet coke with credit that didn't have a line out the store door.........

That trip is a post all in its own.

So, it's stuff like that that annoys the crap out of me.

Oh! I remember another stupid thing I did in relation to my London trip.

My flight left at 6:00 a.m. out of Indy on my way to Newark. I parked the car at 5:00 a.m., and a shuttle was right at the pick-up point. So, I jumped out, grabbed my purse, grabbed my suitcase, and ran to the pick-up station. I got on the bus, no problem there, until I'm about 5 minutes from being dropped off and I remembered I DON'T HAVE MY COAT.

#$%^!!!!! Did I leave it on the back of my dining room chair at home? Is it in my trunk? I have absolutely no idea. My brain is blank. All I'm thinking is....Oh my God...I'm going to London in FEBRUARY...with NO COAT.

So, the driver dropped the people off at the terminal, and I go on the route with him. We get to my drop-off point, I leap out of the bus, run to my car (with a bus-load of people watching me) open my hatch, and THANK THE LORD JESUS that my coat is in the back. I grab it, lock my car, and run back to the waiting bus. (I thankfully stayed warm while in London in FEBRUARY).

I made it to my gate with time to spare and got to Newark fine (and ran into Mike Tyson!) (YIKES) and to London with no problem.

But again, it's stuff like this that KILLS me!

So, enough with my stupid ramblings. I really am a quite intelligent woman....with brain farts that occasionally ridden my brain.

In other words, I'm glad I'm practicing on friends and family with my photography.

Like on Sunday. We're at my dad's for dinner and my nieces are there. It's a glorious day, and the kids are riding their bikes. I'm taking photos, and getting some really good shots.

I go home, and later this week I Photoshopped them a bit.

But wait....what is this grainy blur on my photos? Why are they not super clear? Is the resolution crappy? What is this problem?

Oh....yeah....I took all these photos with the wrong setting on my camera (?) and somehow got the photos to turn out grainy.

I think this is the problem...and checking my photo details realize I think this is the problem. So from now on, I am going to be much more careful on what setting I have it set on. I just thank the Lord that for my really great photos of the triplets the other day, I had it set on the RIGHT setting.

See this photo???? It's GRAINY. And I hate it. Open it up in Flickr here to see the original file.


Oh well....we learn from our mistakes, right?

I sure hope so.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hehehe... I love stories like these. They make me feel normal. Not too long ago I packed up my little guy and went grocery shopping. The fridge and pantry were empty so my cart was FULL!!! I get up to the check stand, unload the cart, and started rummaging through my purse while the cashier starts scanning my items... I find my lipstick, my phone, a bunch of receipts and gum wrappers… but, no wallet. I’d left it at home!!!! I was so embarrassed. The poor cashier had to void everything off and load everything back into the cart while I ran home to get $$$. She had the most disgusted look on her face.

I'm with ya... I swear, with each passing day I think I must lose about 500 brain cells. I can't imagine what it'll be like when I'm actually old!

BTW: Checked out your photos on flicker. You are very good. I love the one of your G-man on wagon. It's absolutely perfect!

 
Site Meter