Tuesday, October 14, 2008

#11....Check! (continued...)

So to wrap up my #11 on my 101 in 1001....let's finish talking about Disney World.


Day 1 was Animal Kingdom...and Day 2 is Magic Kingdom.



We made it to Magic Kingdom early in the day and first up...pictures with the first character we got to.


Pluto is first and immediately G-Man is NOT quite thrilled with him. He's not crying, but he's not thrilled to meet him either. He's bashful, and hiding his eyes. Eventually we get our photos taken together (by the Disney guy...so I don't have it electronically...yet) and then I finish taking photos as we're trying to get G to even ACKNOWLEDGE Pluto's existence. Finally he gets a high-five and we're off!


As soon as you get to MK, there is SO much to see...so much to do...and so much to distract you with. But finally we get some pictures snapped and off to the rides we go.


We rode many rides....even one ride 3 times!!!!



He loved everything and we were SOOO glad that we took him. Travis was worried he'd hate it (since you guys remember...this kid HATES carnival rides) and that we'd be throwing $$ down the drain. But we didn't (well, we spend oodles of $$$...but just none down the drain) and he enjoyed it all. EVEN THE RIDES. I do believe it helps when the parents can ride WITH you.


Even the parade was great...but by this time G was hot and tired and not quite thrilled to stand up and see everything...so he sat in his stroller and fanned himself with our hand-held fan.



Oh, and his favorite parts about Disney???? The gift shops. I am not kidding you...this kid gets it honestly from both parents...but all he wanted to do was shop. So we indulged. Nothing like a $15 Buzz Lightyear spinner toy to make a kid happy. And a $15 Mickey-Mouse Ears hat to make mom happy (for those adorable photos). And yes...somehow I would up wearing the Mickey ears...you are allowed to make fun of me.






We're excited to head back there for THE BIG DISNEY TRIP where we'll stay at the resort, stay for 4-5 days, and ride EVERYTHING. This trip wasn't that...but it still was a fantastic first trip to Disney. For G-Man AND Travis. Next time though...when we wait in line for 20 minutes to meet Mickey & Minnie...I want him to actually LOOK at them, maybe smile and give hugs, so that I can take the pictures....instead of all 3 of us standing there taking pictures with Mickey/Minnie and him covering his eyes.


And I had to keep reminding myself...this kid is 3.5 years old and still takes naps during the day...when he's NOT spending it at an amusement park.

This was what happened when we got back to the hotel.....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love that G-man is brave enough to hold his hands in the air on the rides! hehehe. So cute!

and the Mickey hat on you is priceless! Looks like you guys had a great time.

At Disney I found myself constantly thinking "I wish I could just disappear into the crowds with my camera..." The photo opportunities were endless. Beautiful gardens, architecture with stunning details, and endless supply of interesting people. Maybe one day I can go back, just me and my camera. :-)

 
Site Meter