Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gatorland!!!!!

So, back to our Florida trip. We left 9:00 p.m. Friday evening (after visiting Savonna in the hospital) and headed down to Orlando.

Travis hadn't slept hardly at all due to being at the hospital with Vonna, so I had first shift. After a few hours of driving and Travis not being able to sleep due to being so wound up, we swapped. It's now about midnight and my turn to sleep.

Well, that's when G-Man wanted to wake up and cry every hour for about 5 minutes. He was too tired, didn't want to be in the car, wanted to be in his bed, and was GRUMPY. Of course this happens during MY sleep shift.

Basically, I slept in 15-minute increments. And during those increments, I was threatening to throw G out the window.

Around 3 or 4 in the morning, it was my turn to drive (as Travis was EXTREMELY tired at this point). Of course at this point in time, G-Man was tired and sleeping a lot more soundly. 7:30 a.m. this Mama was tired and needing FOOD. So off to McDonalds we go and to swap drivers again.

At this time, G is awake, happy, and ready to go. I surprised him with his new Power Rangers movie and he was PUMPED! *And all I can say is I am sooo glad he's now used to wearing his headphones*

We get to Orlando, get checked into our hotel, shower, change, eat lunch and head over to Gatorland.

G-Man is STILL talking about the alligators, crocodiles, and how the alligators ate the hot dogs that we fed them. AND that they also eat chickens.

It was all very educational, fun, and a perfect way to spend 3-4 hours in Orlando. We were exhausted, but well worth the time and $$ to go.

Enjoy our photos from Gatorland!










2 comments:

Melissa said...

What?!?! No TMNT on the way to Florida?

That last pic of the croc looks very menacing. EEEK! I hope that was taken with your telephoto lens. :-)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Oh my goodness, you guys packed so much in to such a small period of time, unbelievable. Gator land is another place I've never even heard of, Lilla loves gators so she'd think that was fabulous.

I bet on your next trip back Grant will not hide his face from the characters, he'll be loving them, just like he does the rides. It just takes him awhile to decide!

 
Site Meter